As of midnight, the Halo 3 Beta is officially over - cue sad music now.
I have to say that I actually didn't play the Beta as much as I originally hoped. Just too many things going on in the real world to dedicate long sessions to Halo 3. Although there are a ton of post-Beta reviews right now, I actually liked this short and sweet version over at Game|Life from Chris Kohler - check out his reader's thoughts on the Halo 3 Beta.
Seeing that I know everyone is super interested in my thoughts....away we go..haha!
- The graphical upgrades were really good I thought - especially on one of those fancy HD televisions
- Snowbound is a bad map or it's just not my cup of tea. Either way I got the sense from that most players didn't really like this map, although if the map selection was higher maybe people's opinions would change
- Like the addition of the new weapons and equipment - they add in new elements of game play that are pretty cool
- Game types - lose VIP now....that is awful
- Veto ability in matchmaking is a great idea to weed out the crappy maps
In general I saw some great things from the Beta and looking forward to the full release later this year. Hopefully the rest of the multi-player and the single player games are up to what was produced for the Halo 3 Beta.